Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Lace Ruffle Tunic




This shirt was featured in the Spring 2010 issue of Stitch magazine, and is the design of Beki Wilson.  She is a talented clothing designer, and you can find her website here

It was easy to make and turned out pretty cute. 

Here's what I found when making this tunic:
It ran a little large, mostly because it is loose fitting.  The jersey fabric I used is a little too thick and didn't drape as much as I wanted.  The ruffle emphasized my bust too much, and I would probably omit it next time.  It was also a little short on me, and I would recommend checking the finished length on yourself with a measuring tape before you cut the pieces out.

If I make another one for myself (I probably will), I am going to make it longer, omit the ruffle and probably use a cotton voile or something lighter with a nice drape.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting about this! I just got the Interweave Deals email about this pattern and am considering making it... so far I downloaded the pattern pieces but haven't forked over $ for the instructions. Think I can do it without?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! I think if you have experience sewing garments you could probably make this without instructions. It is pretty straight forward. Good luck!

      Delete