Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pretty Petals Clutch

This super cute and easy clutch pattern is designed by Rebeka Lambert.  You can find her blogging here.  The pattern made the cover of the spring 2010 issue of Stitch. 

When I first got the magazine, I stitched up a clutch for myself, complete with buttons on the flap. 

This year for the holidays, I worked up six clutches for each lady on my list.  They were a big success!  Instead of buttons on the flap, I added a faux leather piece, which I accented with variegated thread stitching. 


I used some beautiful linen fabric in bright saturated colors.  You might recognize the linen from this post. 

The clutches worked up really quick, and were fun to make.  I added fleece interfacing because I wanted the purses to have a little more structure. 




No comments:

Post a Comment