|Journal cover front|
It's high on the list of my favorite things I've made recently! I love that I can use it over and over again.
|Journal cover back|
The original design uses Liberty floral prints, but I thought it would work well with feed sack prints. I have a pretty large stash of feed sack prints, left over from a quilt top I pieced and have, for some reason, never had quilted.
It took a good bit of time piecing each fabric scrap and then finally stitching them all down. The pattern called for using an acid free glue stitck to anchor each piece, but I used steam-a-seam instead, because the only glue stick I had was not acid free, and I didn't like the idea of gumming up my sewing needle either. It took a bit of extra time to cut out each steam-a-seam piece as well, but it worked out fine!
I want to (and probably will) make some more of these journal covers!